Welcome to the Official Website of the National Graduate Office for the Health Sciences!
The UP Manila National Graduate Office for the Health Sciences (NGOHS) in coordination with the eight degree-granting units has enriched existing graduate programs and developed new programs attuned to meet the health manpower needs of the country and that of the Southeast Asian countries.
The National Graduate Office for the Health Sciences (NGOHS), in consonance with the goals of UP Manila and in coordination with the different degree-granting units, shall strive to:
- have strong academic programs that are relevant to the needs of the stakeholders and an excellent graduate faculty that can cultivate a culture of graduate aspirations and global competitiveness
- be consultative and participatory in the review, development and administration of benchmark articulated and non-articulated graduate programs
- be facilitative and collaborative, locally and internationally, to foster the highest quality of transdisciplinary programs, fellowships of faculty development, advanced graduate researches, exchange programs, sharing of resources, and infrastructure developments
Riding high on the crest of academic excellence, the UP Manila NGOHS shall continue to pursue growth points responsive to the demands for excellence and leadership in the health science professions with the ardent synergistic strengths of humanities, arts and social sciences. It envisions to create a ripple effect as it expands its globally competitive role in teaching, research, extension and production of technology that can improve the quality of life.
Objectives of the NGOHS
The overarching goals or tasks that guide the National Graduate Office for the Health Sciences are the following:
- provide leadership, direction, guidance and assistance to the different degree-granting units (DGUs)
- formulate, disseminate and monitor adherence to general graduate policies and procedures in various aspects of the implementation of the graduate programs
- set, monitor, evaluate, and maintain the quality and standards of graduate programs implemented by the DGUs
- assist DGUs in the marketing of graduate programs and generation of resources
- provide mechanisms for financial and other forms of assistance to graduate students and faculty, and for optimal use of resources committed for graduate programs
- provide mechanisms for the establishment of linkages with other local and international academic and research institutions
- generate resources/seek additional funding for efficient graduate program operations
- conduct research/foster environment for research